Tuesday, September 30, 2008

To nature's path, to human's soul

As I've studied in literature, John Keats, whom I really wished to dig him up of his grave and swear the brains out of him for making our life miserable with the questioning of his so called 'role of a poet' He's no doubt famous for his odes and more importantly, one of the significant characteristics of his poems are often associated with imaginations and the natural world. Though dreadful and indecisive about the feelings and emotions that are attached to him and most of the time, he's sort of in the state of 'intoxication', somehow, I do find what he said is what we, humans have begin to lost touch of. That is to be one with nature. Although it may not be such an important factor that influences our daily lives, but look at it from this perspective, once we die, we are buried, we decay, we rot and our parts are digested by the fungi and microorganisms, in the end, we will return to earth, our soul is permanent, but our bodily shell will soon returned to where it belonged.

Well I guess you kinda know what I'm gonna do next..hahaha...YES! a poem! haha!! alright, I actually composed this in the LRT as I splendidly forgotten to bring along my mp3 during a loooooog journey and it was after a rain that sparked the writing soul in me...muahaha...it's basically a piece that shows the sounds and senses of mother nature that affects the persona and how nature brings him closer to himself and the fountain within him.

(To nature’s path, to human’s soul)

A rainbow always comes after a pour,
And sunshine comes after a gloom.
When I looked into the woods,
And breathe a breath of earth-scented nature…
How it sooths vengeance soul, my fiery nerves.
The mist-veiled hills and mountains,
Became the altar of the whispering guardian.
The river carries the souls of the jagged stones
And mighty pebbles,
Down to a stream of little voices…
I looked at heaven again,
The rainbow banished,
The sun a giant ball of warmth,
Melting the winter barrier of the inhabitants,
Who are yet to be one with nature.

1 comment:

Eunice said...

wow..u actually composed a poem in lrt!!??lol...good one!!