Friday, October 3, 2008

Of Brothers and Bonds

Have you ever wonder how life would be like when we are still at war in this very second? Or for the guys, have you ever thought of how does it feel if you were to become a soldier and the country lies in the hands of yours? I did.

I was overwhelmed by feelings after watching 'Band of Brothers' by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks and once again, I was sharing the same minds of the 'brothers' in that movie as if I was there, witnessing the whole moment all these while.
'Beyond the wounded and killed, every men in Bastogne suffered. Men unhit by shrapnel or bullets were nevertheless casualties.'
Stephen E. Ambrose


That quotation explains my feelings at the very moment. I'm certain that this was also felt by all the ex-soldiers who had helplessly watched and seen their pals got hit in the midst of a fiery war.
And so... the story goes on. And I am really thankful to Lord that I was not born into the century of agony and death, instead, I was sent to a time where I'm able to sit in front of my computer comfortably with the air conditioner on. In fact, ever since I watched 'Pearl Harbor' starring Josh Hartnett and 'Empire of the sun' starring Christian Bale, I started to fancy movies with the settings of the post-1900 and movies regarding the Second World War. Not because of the violence inflicted of course, but the values hailed from these kind of movies. The bondage of 'war-buddies' and brotherhood, which has almost, always, gives a sense of awe to me. Well of course I'm not just referring to the American soldiers in particular, but to all soldiers and those true warriors out there who had fought for their countries and been through the 'hell on earth',

I salute you with my deepest respect. And here I dedicate a beautiful medley by Mariah Carey. It's actually a cross-over between 2 songs called Never too far and Hero. Listen to the song and here are the lyrics. Enjoy and be one with the song =D



You're with me
Till the bitter end
What we had transcends
This experience
Too painful to
Talk about
So I'll hold it in
Til my heart can mend
And be brave enough to love again
A place in time
Still belongs to us
Stays preserved in my mind
In the memories there is solace
Oh,
Never too far away
I won't let time erase
One bit of yesterday
Cause I have learned that
Nobody can take your place
Though we can never be
I'll keep you close to me always remember
Love

When you feel like hope is gone,
Look inside you and be strong,
And you'll finally see the truth,
that a hero lies in you.
Lord knows, dreams are hard to follow
But don't let anyone, tear them away.
Hold on, there will be tomorrow.
In time, you'll find the way
And then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on,
And you cast your fears aside, and you know you can survive.
So when you feel like hope is gone,
Look inside you and be strong,
And you'll finally see the truth, that a hero lies in you.
That a hero lies in you
Nobody can take your place
You're never too far

Never too far away, the battle, the tears, the blood, the joy, the victory will always lie deep within a warrior's book of life, and no matter what, he and the rest of the 'brothers' will always stay connected in each other's heart where a true hero lies within. ;-)


God bless.

No comments: