Monday, September 15, 2008

Life's clock

Good day guys! Oh I totally forgotten that I don’t need to say ‘it’s Choon Hui here’ again. Ha-ha! Yup. My official blog just for your reminder XD

So as I was browsing through my collection of poems, I was thinking how fast the clock of life ticked its seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years away. (Phew! What a long one!) that is what I hate about time, that is why time is always against me. Hmm… against me?! Ah… whatever… Back to the point, where was I? Oh! About time. Right. So I decided to pick this particular poem to highlight how ‘pathetic’ time is. Just because you don’t have anyone and you existed ever since Lord knows when, doesn’t mean you can just steal all the precious time away from us =_=’ ha-ha I think Mr. Time will take revenge on what I said by making those boring classes last forever and those interesting ones will end within a blink of eye XD

Anyway, this poem is called Life’s Clock. Do comment and enjoy reading it.


Spring came and winter went
Flowers bloomed and nature sang.

I walked under an old oak tree
Leaves falling in the warm summer winds,
Filled my heart with tender breeze.

I picked a leaf beneath my feet
Soaked with strong smelling autumn scent,
Taken me aback.

Silent winter night, with cocoa in hand
I watch the snow-carpeted world through the glass,
How serene…

Has it really been years? That decades of my life has just been grabbed away,
Have I become a loyal slave of time?

Time come and go,
To where it flows,
I didn’t know.
Speeding off like a hurricane
That’s how it past.

Without a sound,
Without a hint,
That’s how it creeps away
Waits for no men, waits for nothing…
Nothing at all!
Not even a single freeze,
A break either.

Time heals, time hurts;
Someone returned to God,
Someone was sent to me on angel’s wings,
Everything comes and goes,
Once it is here, there’ll be no turning back;
But memories stay on.

Turning back time?
It just seemed light years away…
If only I could live till then…


God Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another well constructed poem (to me !) It sort of gently remind me about how fast time goes by, without a sound, without a hint !

I liked the part where u say time heals and hurts. Very true indeed.How I wished we can turn back time...then nothing bad would happen.

mmm.... autumn and winter is the seasons i liked the most ! =p

U should seriously teach me write smooth flowing poems one day !haha