Monday, September 8, 2008

A Shadow behind 'A tale, a story'

Hello guys! Can you believe it Weng Chung decided not to share this blog any more…(sobs…sobs…) but anyway he said it’s for the better since this will only make our readers confused. Well I kinda agree with him and felt bad for this as well since this is supposed to be OUR blog…but I just wanna say thanks for inviting me to join you as a ‘guest blogger’ at the very beginning and eventually a sharing partner of this ‘ex­-blog’. It has been one of a kind of a blog I should say. For as mush as I love to share, it’s kinda sad that we no longer can share our words under a roof but in two parting worlds. (ok lar, not that big deal but I’m just not used to having my own blog) nevertheless thank you Weng Chung =)

Now first things first. It seemed that some of my readers were a little puzzled over the last poem that I’ve posted. Well guys, not to worry as it is always the beauty of poetry that there’s no room for unaccepted perceptions, as long as the rationale is at one with our wits =D The reason why I came up with this particular title is because I’m telling a story based on a tale and vise versa as you guys know ‘tale = story’. The very first sentence or word of the heading is like a ‘main branch’ of what is going to be told. For example, ‘Destiny of tomorrow ~ Dreams or sorrow?’ we never know what our destiny will be like, and based on this scenario of this poem, the persona is questioning is he living in his destiny or is he merely ‘foreseeing’ the sorrow that he is going to face in that ‘somewhere’ which is laid in his destiny? It’s like a sub-title if I were to put it in general terms. Apart from that, it’s just a very random title selection that came across my mind during the process of completing this poem. I tend to ‘experiment’ with this poem by simply incorporating some narration and fresh new concepts at the same time keeping my own style in pen which I mostly focused on the title itself. I always loved to name my poems in simple yet ‘foggy’ words. The title may not represent what my poems have to say, but somehow, there will be links to what the title means. That’s my unique way of conveying the message across.

Back to this poem. As I said before, the inspirations behind this whole piece of writing originated from a movie I’ve watched (which I don’t wish to disclose the title) and that very instant I knew that I have to write a poem about friendship, confusions, fate and ‘never-lasting’ human bonds, but a lasting, spiritual bond. This whole poem may seem a little weird as to why these two strangers will end up being at the ‘mountain’. Well I leave it to you, readers. Once again, it’s all up to your own interpretations. Some may think that all the ‘mountains’, ‘snows’ and ‘winter breeze’ can be said as life’s hustles and bustles, or it could merely be seen as a pure encounter. In fact I thought of expanding this poem a little longer by telling the dwelling lives of the two friends after they had separated and how to try to forget each other, but looking on the fact that time is running out for me (unfortunately), I created a ‘dramatic effect’ to the poem by telling the readers that one of them had actually passed away when the persona said:

Till I heard from you again,
Was the day when you came to my dreams of sane,
That Lord had released your humanly sufferings and pains…

This part may be inserted abruptly, but not many of the readers can catch it. Nevertheless, I do appreciate that some of you guys responded to my poems and generated all sorts of perceptions and thoughts to be pondered. So thanks a bunch and keep them coming! =D
Last but not least, this poem is all about friendship, contemplations and unexpected events in life. You see, there’s no such thing as control in your fate. Yes, they said one is always in control of your future, but we, humans, can only go according to what we had planned for, and the rest of it is up to The person above. This is where ‘hope’ comes in. everybody can hope, and we are mere shadows, following the path of life guided by HIM.



God bless,
ChoON hUI

No comments: