Friday, September 5, 2008

A tale, a story

Hello! It’s Choon Hui on the pen again. As I’ve promised before in my previous blog, what you guys are about to witness will be a piece of writing which was my start off point as a whole new writing style in my poetry. This is the longest poem I’ve wrote by far and the whole poem is very narrative, plus readers can either take the literal meaning of it or the root significance of the poem as it can go both ways. This is a poem about how the spark of friendship being ignited and not everything in this world will end up being ‘happily-ever-after’. As you can see the headings before a particular stanza, it is like a tale within a tale, a story beneath a story. This is why I came up with the title ‘A tale, a story’. Do comment on it and enjoy it!

A tale, a story

(~ The very fate – Encounter ~)
The moon shines bright,
In the middle of a starry night,
With winter breeze that went so light.

Listening to the mountain’s song,
Where an eternal feeling came along,
Of how much hidden words were kept in thought.

Emotions strike at an instance,
Our thoughts seemed so distant.
Somehow, we were lost in that moment.

It seemed so far away
That memories will stay,
And never give its way.

Little eyes of heaven winked,
It made me thinks,
Are you and I in someway linked?

Perhaps, time had what installed for us.
For faith it is like a charmed curse,
Once it clings, there’ll be no returns.

For as long as time exist,
It is just like a twist,
Anytime, it will be a miss.

(~ Destiny of tomorrow – Dreams or sorrow? ~)
True feelings revealed.
It’s only within the mountains our secrets can be sealed,
Once broken, our wounds can never be healed.

We laughed on like there’s no tomorrow,
Even though I knew we’ll soon face our sorrows.
Resisting them, I buried those burdens beneath the snow.

Despite the frost, days were like the summer’s morning,
Where linnet and crickets came to sing.
Life to us was just goodness of what it brings.

Of faith and friendship it conquered all,
Leaving us in awe,
For our bond will never be tore.

Beyond the mountains high,
We sore through the sky
And our spirit will never die.

(~ Fate’s misty mist – Tempest unexpected ~)
In the midst of an airy song,
A sudden gloom came along.
Stoning us down with a burden so strong.

The snow had stopped and the sun had set.
A day with endless sobering laughter have we left
Our hearts twanged like a fish being caught in a net.

It was time,
It was time…
For us to go back to the gruesome dwelling of life.

The path of life
Of unseen melody and senses five,
Brings to nothingness without thy.

Down the hill we descend,
Full of jagged roads and rocky ends,
Brought out the sorrow voice of this quiet land.

(~ Turmoil in Tears – A bleeding tale ~)
I saw you through the reflection,
A figure that will not be forgotten
Even if the world is torn open.

Sadness seemed to swallow us like a savage beast.
My heart sores and our hearts bleed,
And silent tears fell down like broken beads.

Have You not heard?
Of how much sadness and hurt
Had we endured?

(~ Destiny’s sparks – Will, or Never? ~)
Back to the valley of beginning,
Where our friendship budded like the flowers in the spring.
Separation doubted us, will this be the ending?

It still bites on as we went our separate ways,
And everyday,
It dragged us to the very deep of darkest rays

How I longed to see your face,
How fast time flew with its ever-hasty pace,
And how empty my soul was, when you banished without a trace!

(~ Gone with the wind - A shell’s emptiness ~)
Till I heard from you again,
Was the day when you came to my dreams of sane,
That Lord had released your humanly sufferings and pains…

Everything seemed to run in still,
Even heavenly beings and divine Mother mourned after you…
And I, I! The eager soul you’ve just killed…

The sun shines without its magnificent brightness,
The wind blew without its southern coolness,
The flowers bloomed without their petite loveliness…

Please let this be all a dream,
For I’ll plead in Your heavenly gleam,
Let me be in Time where we’ve been…

It turned to vain,
Still You whispered ‘for I will ease your pain’
No and no! that bloody stain will be forever remained!

(~ Book of Life – A page of forgotten time ~)
To search for a friend like you is like a million years,
I faced you with fear,
But in turn you let me to blissfulness so near…

For all the thoughts we had,
Secrets were shared and never were kept.
But something that I’ve never dared…

Was letting you know how much a friend you were,
And never mind if you are in heaven or here,
The music of our memories is all that mattered…

It is I should say a very emotional poem to me, as I am a friend to many people as well and I really do hope that you, dear readers will try to connect this poem to your daily lives and cherish each and every moment with your close friends and not only that, even your loved ones, they are always there for you to love, to treasure them. It may not seem such a big deal to you now, but believe me, once you lost them, nothing is worth your tears and remorse.


A writer's fate,
cHoOn HuI

4 comments:

Eric Flizzow said...

Wow...really hard 4 me 2 understand poem...by the way...i stil could find sum tat i understand...ya...as i told u i hv my blogspot too...hehe
So...u noe lah...

Anonymous said...

I'm totally speechless and certainly I'm very touched by this poem of urs. You know what? This reminds me of the time when we became friends. It's so lovely. And it reminds me of the joys,laughters and quarrels we had gone through. In every sentence, it's amazing how I can relate it to our magical friendship.

ANd for the last part(page of forgotten time), it just sums it all. I'm just glad that fate brought us together as friends.

This is the best poem u had ever written !

Anonymous said...

haha it's me again. Just want to add sth.

ALthough we had gone our seperate ways, but we will still be best friends till the end !

It still puzzled me that how two complete strangers got to know each other..and THE BEST PART WAS having the same birthday,age and same surname ! and our time of birth was like 10 mins apart!

I think the heaven just winked at us ! haha =D

KelvinK said...

hey choon hui...i didnt know u can write poems...haha...good job u did...they are definitely meaningful poems...i like Gone with the Wind...hehe...good job yea...must keep up the good work ur doing...