Thursday, September 18, 2008

Trapped within Ourselves...

Hey guys! Good evening! (The fact is I’m posting at night) duh! Ha-ha. Alright once again the poet’s instinct (ahem!!! Clears throat…) =P strikes me after an evening nap muahaha!. Anyway I’m in a midst of composing yet another poem; unfortunately it’s still under construction ha-ha. Will be up soon in no time =)

Sometimes, we often let our minds and feelings get the better of us. Try asking yourself how it feels when at times you just can’t seem to let out your feelings and it’s not that you don’t want to but you just can’t. Enough said. And I’m sure all of us here had been trapped before. Mentally, spiritually. When some circumstances forced us to be who we hated to be or forced us to suppress the feelings that makes our inside world goes round and round. Now this poem is closely linked to the dilemma and confusions faced by the persona and he eventually accepts them as these are part and parcel of life. it's called Trapped within emotions.


Trapped within emotions

Just like the devil and angel by my sides,
I am torn by feelings,
Confusions.
Didn’t know how to let them out
Didn’t know how to get by them;
I am trapped in my own soul,
Not being able to break free

I am confused,
So confused…

Between heaven and hell
I’m stranded on this unworthy air
Wondering around
Like a spirit
That just wouldn’t cross over
That belongs to neither here nor there

Again and again,
Happiness filled the void;
Again and again,
Disappointment shut my door tight…

Where do I belong?
Where shall I venture?
It doesn’t matter now,
Because it’s just part of life
That will cling to me for so long my breath is heard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Choon HUI ...u know what i LOVE about ur poems !! It's so realistic and true.

Another nice poem. Well what more can I said.

But NOT everyone can accept it as part and parcel of life and of course, it's very hard to let out your feelings. Some people trapped in the " unworthy air" for as long as they can remember.

I believe there's a small part us that might only let SOME feelings out, but not ALL of it.