Friday, June 27, 2008

Let It Be

A teenage boy was sitting in front of the computer, eyes half closed, with the song " Let It Be" playing in the background filling the room with lovely tunes of peace and harmony. Occasionally,voices of little children playing happily outside was  heard, but he who was excited to blog was not disturbed. Once in a while, his fingers gently massage his thighs after 1 tiring week of schooling and all his heart could say is Let It Be.

Welcome to the life of WengChung

Hey all =D This week's ride is beyond roller coaster. All I could say is I AM WORN OUT ! battery level 5% !!! Orientation and station games is the main events this week. Looks like I've been blogging a lot about orientation.

Let me start of with orientation. Million dollars satisfaction ! Why ?  I can't believe at the end of the week, I got a satisfying result which me myself wouldn't thought was possible. If u doesn't know what orientation is, I have to go around asking signatures from seniors so that we'll know each other better and in the process, we were bullied orientated. And I can't believe that I finally dare to sing  songs to some seniors. Never in a million years. What song I sang ? School song, Twinkle Little Star and London Bridge is falling Down ~~ It's a great experienced but you have to have a " thick face" to endure a little humiliation.

Next is station games after school. It was on Thursday. No one knew what station games are. I thought it would be fun as it sounded fun...but my definition of fun is different from the seniors. My class had only 2 boys participating, me and my friend and the rest are girls,8 of them. Every class have a balloon which symbolize our life. There committee members  will be around the school trying to poke ur balloon, or in another word, to kill us. We only had around 4 to 5 lives. Once our balloon burst, we are to blow another balloon to continue the game.

So, our 1st station was horrible ! We had to find a candy in a bowl of flour. Sounds easy? try finding using ur face... All the flour in the nose and mouth... It's quite fun but I will never ever do it again ! While going to the bowl of flour, we had to do frog jumps.

2nd station, we had to play " paper,rock and scissors" with the senior and win 3 times consecutively. Lose 1 time and it's punishment time. Frog Jumps !

3rd station, we had to sit in a circle of chairs, rest our heads on the lap of the person behind you while holding a cup with holes with your left hand and pass the water around until the last guy and fill an empty bottle full. I was the 1st person and there are times I was too tired I couldn't pass all the water to the person behind me. At the end, we only filled like 1/8 of the empty bottle. Everyone blamed me. -.- Hello...every1 voted me to be the 1st guy to pass the water... and from what I see, the people in the middle was not doing a good job. Halfway passing, all the water gone !

4th station, we had to do star jumps at the same rate and stop at the same time. It was hard coordinating together, and we wasted alot time there. After that we had three legged race.

5th station, we had to use 3 bricks to bring ourselves across the basketball court. Our feet weren't allowed to touch the floor. After that we had to use our mouth to hold the spoon and dig out a ping pong ball planted in the sand. Then bring that ping pong ball with a spoon in our mouth across the basketball while doing chicken walk.

6th station, one of the disgusting part of the game. To find a small blue beads in a bucket full of creeping worms/maggots !! I thought we are going to use our mouth to find it , thank goodness it's not ! Then, take that blue bead and frog jump few feet's and place the beads on the beaker.The girls are afraid, screaming after the seniors show them the worms. I thought I couldn't do it but sticking your hands in a bucket of worms is not bad after all !

Remember the balloon which is our life ? At the end we lost all our lives !! Everyone did their best to protect the little balloon but the seniors are just too playful.

All in all, an event that I regretted participating halfway throughout the games, I eventually had fun. And certainly everyone of us got closer to each other. BUT I still hated that flour game !! and I will not be doing frog jumps in another 10 years of my life !! My thighs are suffering painfully. Walking up and down the stairs is killing me ! Each step is so painful. Even sitting down and standing up from the chairs is painful !! Someone please massage my legs !! It's not my leg anymore,it's like someone's else. Now you understand why I wrote I massage my thighs on the 1st paragraph.

The 10 of us is laugh a lot today. Because we knew our legs hurt very badly and we walked like old men and old women without their canes. =D  Oh ya, did our class won ? Nope, but we gained a lot that day. Teamwork and Friendship.

I guess that's all. Have a nice weekend.

No comments: