Monday, July 7, 2008

Family Day 2008 !!

WengChung here.

MBSSKL Family Day last Saturday was a blast ! Maybe my expectations are low or what but I felt it's the best as it's the 1st carnival I ever been to and at the same time involved in ! I had much fun despite being incredibly tired and sleepy !

The day before, I went down to Petaling Street with my classmates who are in the same group to buy everything we needed for Family Day. It's difficult buying prizes when u don't know who will be playing our games. So, we bought a lot of cute horoscope bookmarks. unbelivable amount of plastic fails (70 cent each haha), CD casings(2 only) and two 3D puzzles. The grand prize is a pen which I bought don't-know-how many donkeys years ago for Teachers Day but apparently didn't reach their hands hahha, so I was thinking this  is the good time to dispose off this pen ^^. Then we start to cut holes out of the polystyrene boards and fly paper planes into them to test whether it's easy to fly in or not. Amazingly, we made holes which are quite hard to fly through as we put them in 'strategic' places haha

The next day, the BIG event! *gasp* It was the 1st time I was anxious to go to school haha. Didn't procrastinate after waking up coz all I was thinking was Family Day. When I reached, I found out the whole row of stalls beside us is also games stall, so competition between the stalls to attract customers will certainly be a hot one. Anyway, we had a head start coz I think my stall is the earliest to start business.

At 1st, I was really really worried coz not even a single soul come to play our game but then little did I know it will be a horrible day of attending to customers...Most of them look by the side of our stall, hesitated to play but then our Form 6 seniors came to support us and played the game. And from there everything is history. I can say 90% of our customers are kids and the rest are teenagers as well as adults !

Don't ever look down on kids, u know ? They can really fly paper planes through the holes, even the smallest one!! Overall, the kids dominated this game, flying paper planes into holes to collect points. Shame on you adults haha you're worst than kids !! >.< Even I can fly it through the smallest hole BUT that doesn't mean I'm still kid and fly paper planes in the class. But I'm curious. Is kids flying alot paper planes in class nowadays that they become so "pro" in it. I hope not haha.

Its very very nice to see the kids expression after they fly their paper planes. Most of them look so sad when they didn't score enough points to win. BUT because we are not cruel people, so we sort of move the game nearer to them !! hahha  so every time there is a kid playing we would move the table which holds the board game closer to them so that they can just simply throw the planes in the holes ! But when there are adults or teenagers, we pull it back hahha...

" Wah, where can pull until so far !?!? where can like tat one !!" ( in a funny way)

" Just now they play so near, now we play so far !!"

" Just now the children play la..."

"I'm also children !" -.-"

So, basically we just pull and push the table back and forth whole day depending on customers. It's also funny to see the expression on the adults and teenager when we pull the table back when it's their turn. Everyone had a good laugh, even the customers.

As I was saying earlier, it was a horrible day attending to customers. But we leave that job to the girls coz they are more persuasive and attract more boys hahha. But poor me and another friend had to pick up each and every paper plane that the customers threw. The worst part is when the kids threw the paper planes so much far than the adults !! We had to stand and walk around to pick aeroplanes the entire day !! 8am to 3pm !! we can go nuts !

But it's worth it, coz it's very nice to see the kids cute and chubby face, smiling away and looking so innocent. When there are less customers, we took turns to walk around the carnival and spend our coupons. One of the biggest disappointment for me is I didn't managed to visit the haunted house =( sob sob...we don't have enough time as there're practically a lot of customer all the time at our stall. Overall, we did a superb job as our class earned around RM 800 but those food stalls reach RM1000 +  And I felt cheated as I bought a drink which cost me RM4 !!! but ok la, for charity purpose mah.

Around 3pm plus, we cleaned up and drag our lazy and tired body back home.So so tired, as if I was doing exercise non-stop from 8 to 3. Oh ya, no one won the grand prize(pen) coz we set the points to high to reach. Oh well, I guess I will dispose it off next time.

Now ITS PICTURE TIME !! * jumping joyfully*

family day1

forgive me for the lousy editing haha >.<

DSC00100

our board game based on the theme space * FLY 2 UR PRIZE ! " - the name of our game

DSC00098

the left stalls are also games stall. the right ones are food stalls

DSC00099 

the famous blueberry cheese stall under the blue canopy. On the background is my school.

Alright, only 4 pictures...Too busy to take more. Though our game may be lame, but it's not easy to win, u know ? Some of the kids came over and over again just to get better prize ler. I hope there will be such a great day in the future. Signing off for now ~

No comments: