Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Angry with myself

WengChung here.

Yes, I am very furious with myself this afternoon. I felt like slapping myself awake or even bang my head to the wall millions of time.

Today, there was a Word Search competition. Basically, all I have to do  was find 10 new words out of a word that was given to us. For example, from the word COMFORTABLE, we could find the words comfort,for,bat,table  etc...

I was reluctant to join actually, the reason is I'm just lazy lol. But I told myself " Why Not?" since none of my classmates are free, or maybe they're just as lazy. So, everyone who joined was given a paper. On that paper , there are 2 words. So we have to find 10 new words from each word given.

The first six students to finish first and correctly giving the new words will win. I confidently cruise through the paper and I was the third to hand in the paper. I am certainly very proud as I didn't expect to be the third. So, we must wait for the teachers to mark and confirmed our win. My name was called, before I could paste a big smile on my face thinking that I won, I was literally knocked off the chair after being told I was OUT !!

I got all the words correct EXCEPT the word  " rel ". I must have cruised too fast until I mistakenly wrote "rel" for "real" !! And hence, the title.

I was quite upset. Only one word separates me from the winning seats. On the way back home, all my mind could think of was that word  " rel ". There is no such word. Too bad. I nearly got down the wrong station !! Thankfully, I didn't.

On my journey walking home from the station, it was quite a pleasant one actually. I was blown constantly by strong and cool breeze all the way home. It's like blowing away all my worries and problems. aaahhhh... Thank you Mother Nature.

But, hey, I'm a human. And human make mistakes right ?

I have back pains. OMG am I getting old ?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hai...weng chung weng chung...i thought it was something terrible at 1st...ai yo..screw that la..it's just a mere competition..dun worry i know u'll sure be doin better the next time..and plus ur eng is much better than me now

Anonymous said...

I'm very angry with myself because of the fact that I made such a SILLY mistake, which shouldn't happen in a million years.. but it did happen. It's just proved that we are mistake-making spesies haha