Friday, April 2, 2010

The perfect ten

I don't care whether age is just a number or not when I'm loved by so many people whom I never thought will remember this momentous day! =)

I've finally completed a very poem which I've intended to finish by my 20th birthday and fortunately, I did! thanks to YOU who gave me so much inspirations and the will to carry on...

The poem is called 'The perfect ten' as it comprises of 10 lines and 10 words weaved into a stanza. I'll tell you guys more about the inspirations behind this poem but for now, let me present to you a piece of words which might not have meant anything to you, but something significant to a part of me.

A long way since I came, for words I hunt.

At times the fountain flows, sometimes it puts a blunt.

O how swift the wave, cascading the ocean down and

In darkness, I discovered a weeping child, looking into me.

Even in the blazing sun, around me, dark butterflies danced.

As I wonder with the butterflies, I hear my heart.

The rest is silence. Whereupon silence is when I begun.

Where line by line, they will join. Threads of poetry.

A long way since I came, for words I hunt,

To hunt for this perfect ten. That’s what I meant.


Thank you mom and dad, Sherry, and Danny for the special gifts I received form you guys and to all you rocking people out there! Thank you for all the wishes and love you sent to me.
Thank you, Gracias, Obrigado, and xie xie! =D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it!

I like how you use "visible" objects like "dark butterflies" and a "weeping child." They do really appear to me as I read.

Keep up the good work. Next target is 1000 poems before the age of 30!

Haha!