Saturday, April 10, 2010

The perfect ten - taking a look into 'the making of'

¿Cómo estás guys? How are you doing?

I take take that not many people will be reading my blog already, nevertheless, I will still post up some random stuff from time to time so in case if ANYONE would still spark an interest in my posts =)

So for this time being, it will be more or less a continuation from where I'd stopped last. Some of them asked me, how did the last poem came about? It wasn't an easy one to start off looking on the fact that I had sort of 'retired' for a while from penning poems after poems back then. Initially, it started as an idea and I actually started to write a few lines and thinking maybe I shall add a little twist to it and perhaps make it significant since it will be my first 100th poem. Then I promised myself, why not complete it by my 20th b'day and add to the significance? Hence I really thought that was a brilliant idea, so begun the process.

So, this poem is rather close to me as it sums up what I had been through while I wrote all my poems before. Like any other people who writes, inspirations came like the rain. The indefinite nature of ideas and the fluidity of words. Some of my closer friends will know that my poetry based a great deal on human emotions and just like my life, where ups and downs are inevitable. When life treats me cruel, I pen poems. When life treats me and others kind, I pen poems. There were instances when my life was experiencing a turmoil and the poems I wrote represented pretty much the emotional struggles I experienced. Sometimes, I look within myself in order to understand the world and not just about myself, a great deal of my poems as well revolved around other humans. Therefore, fragments of words will be linked and eventually, a full picture emerged.

That's how 'The Perfect Ten' came about =)

No comments: