Monday, September 7, 2009

Sabah - A place not to be missed if you are a MALAYSIAN

Nothing compared to a relaxing weekend after a whole month of stress and tension. Reluctant as I was at first, I am glad that I made it to Sabah and guess what, the trip was AWESOME! people, need not spend your money on tours and oversea trips, I can assure you that even within Malaysia, you could find world class destinations. Just like Sabah. No one paid me to advertise but I'm truly in love with the state, it's serenity and its coastal beauty had deeply enchanted me. So here are some photos I'd taken along the way and more could be viewed on Facebook. (I couldn't believe I'm updating my account XD). We took off by Malaysia Airlines and unfortunately, most domestic flights are of old planes...so it wasn't that pleasant but at least it was worth the trip.

Here's a scene captured from plane before landing


Had seafood for dinner as Sabah is famous for it and that 'lobster-like' prawns were throat cutting! Rm 200 for two =_='




And this is taken from our hotel room. We stayed in Shangri-la, which could be easily passsed on as a 4-star hotel, contrary to my mom's believe to be only 3-star

One of the streets in Kota Kinabalu

Scenic views from the observatory tower on 'Bukit Bendera'

My little brother and I
My dear family, minus that 'botak' XD well at least he's kind enough to ask if I wanna be in the picture

What I liked most about the sleeping Buddha is the close resemblance to a live human, you might not notice it in the picture but trust me, it's really real when you take a closer look on the spot

Oh, and how was I supposed to forget that we were so lucky to catch the one and only 'floating bookshop' that harbored at the port of Kota Kinabalu. I've been wanting to visit this ship which is 2 years younger than the 'Titanic' for quite awhile and walah! Lucky lucky me! First spotted this when we were crusing along the coastal area at night after our 1st dinner and although I'm not a Christian, I 'm still glad that I was able to step on this decade-old ship. The lady ship is called 'Doulos' and the whole concept of floating bookstore came about by a group of Christians and believe it or not, all the workers on board are actually volunteers! how wonderful is that! I f I'm not mistaken, the next stop would be at Pasir Gudang and this lady only stop for less than a month.

From the stairs of the ship

Inside the ship


Her 'Lady-ship' - Doulos' =D

Not to forget Tanjung Aru. The waves and the wind was truly a breathtaking one! You could actually fall asleep by just letting the wind feather across your body and it's not like those typical breeze but a strong one I would say and it never stopped not even until we left.


Ok, my mom said this fella looked like a gangster =_=' gangsters don't really smile while taking a pic, do they??




This could seemed motionless but if you're there, it's totally different



Ah, and this is the Filipino market and it was fascinating to see how these people are becoming more and more like people here as they could initially sell their products at a rocket high price like RM 69 and then once you bargain, it could drop to RM 20 =_=' but at least, it's something different from what we got here. There's still a sense of locality unlike the Petaling Street back here which is flooded by immigrants...
And yes, the Salted fish market which sells lots of dry food products and even sea-horse! hmm..I've asked them how do we consume the sea horse and they said it's only used for boiling and it's good for asthma patience.




This was an unforgettable spot to me. It's known as 'PortView' by most tourists and there's this row of restaurants, bars and cafes along the whole stretch of extended plane towards the coastal line, so you could imagine that this plane is actually standing on the South China Sea =D


Yeap! That's me with the salted fish! XD haha

Imagine this. Plane standing right beside the ocean + a jar of brewed beer + sea breeze = Heavenly indulgence XD



You see, I was at a point doubting that was I even in Malaysia? Looking on would be a whole bunch of Ang Mohs drinking away their beers and enjoying the evening scene and honestly, it's exactly the same as being at the coastal plane of the Mediterranean.



Simply splendid.

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

a nice place to take a short break~=)