Thursday, March 5, 2009

The golden butterflies

(Haiku in the sun)

One by one,
the falling pieces of Golden butterflies
dissolved with the wind.

=D

How's that people? This is my first attempt to construct a Haiku or Japanese Poetry. In fact at the very beginning, it did not struck my mind to make up one because initially it was a free verse and then while I was reading some poetry by Basho, suddenly I realised that this poem can be changed into a Haiku form and ta-dah! The birth of Haiku in the sun...hahaha...

Oh by the way, let me tell you how this poem came about. I was on my way home from a breakfast with my family. Afar, I saw the leaves dancing with a slight breeze on a bright sunny morning, and eventually fell to the ground. Therefore, they kinda looked like gold-tainted butterflies under the sun and once they drop, the gold colour fades. Hahah..that was my metaphorical poem...hope you guys enjoy it!

No comments: