Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pricking beauties

Another day of idling around...sigh~~~ yeah...the guilty me... results are soon gonna be out...and even after all the vows and all the 'I-swear-I'm-gonna-do-this-and-that...' yet, I procrastinate, I delayed my revisions. To all you guys out there, don't be me, once that instant of fire came to you, go ahead and work immediately. Unfortunately, I skipped most of the moment instead, I did something else. And bear in mind, these 'fires and passions' don't come often...they're like luck that knocks on your door and there's this saying that goes,

'Success occurs whenever opportunity meets preparation'

Been to a screening of Shakespeare's famed 'Hamlet' directed by Kenneth Branagh at the KL Performing Arts Center (KLPac). Intensively portrayed and cleverly screened. I wouldn't say it has the best cinematography, but the portrayal of all the characters based on the original book is simply stunning. Actors and actresses like Kenneth Branagh as Prince Hamlet, Dereck Jacobi as King Claudius, Kate Winslet as Ophelia and Billy Crystal as the gravedigger adds on to the spice of the whole plot. Well, sad to say that Shakespearean tragedies are morbid (duh...it's a TRAGEDY isn't it?) hahaha, and seriously, without watching the actual plays or movies, one may find them extremely dull and morbid as the expressions and intonations sets the atmosphere to the settings and better understanding to what Shakespeare is trying to convey.

To be or not to be?
That is the question.

Somehow, I was in a deep trance of thoughts. Thinking that will it be a day that I will become half as confused as Hamlet.

Perhaps,

I already had.


(Pricking beauties)

Lying in the weariness
Of my soul and mind,
They intertwined
Like the roses and thorns.
Pricking beauties.
Tiredness swallowed me,

Is it time to sleep?

No comments: