Monday, July 20, 2009

Something of the new, someone of the past

Do we call the above statement as the usage of literary device? xD

Anyway, my very first lecture had officially started off this morning and I've spent 2 bloody hours just to reach the entrance of Monash =_=' mind you, 2 HOURS!!! Nevertheless, I'm still early =D 20 minutes earlier than the lecture..see that's what we call a punctual student xD hahahaha...

So we had Communication Studies today and I was such a genius that I'd kept on thinking I'll be having Psychology instead, despite the numerous times looking through the timetable =_='

Our lecturer, Mr. Callum Gilmore, an Australian I think appeared to be a nice guy, sorta humorous xD and upon the first sight, we M'sians would say 'selamba' which means he takes matters lightly, well of course not in terms of academically but, in general (that's what I think) but anyhow, he's still a friendly one =D

Mr. Gilmore lectured about the general Key terms that we will be encountering throughout the whole course and we touched on the topic regarding the influence of media towards the shaping of a certain culture and it was indeed funny to watch a clip about the misrepresentation of Arabian culture and people by the silver screen production companies especially by the Hollywood productions. He'd also talked about the 'convergence' of media over the years, and how it actually came about from the very same aspects.

Nothing really interesting happened but our lecturer was surprised that our group actually preferred the newspapers than reading e-news of magazines xD and he said there were only 4 students out of the hundreds who read the newspapers in his previous class..haha...and oh, talking bout communications, Facebook seemed to be the 'in' thing that almost everyone in my class has an account and it's like a 'sin' not to have one..haha..and Twitter is starting to catch up the footsteps of Facebook and Youtube...Mr. Callum made a remark that the 'fella' owning Myspace is really unhappy about it xD cos it's like fashion you know, as what Heidi Klum always says in Project Runway that 'in the fashion industry, one day you're in, the next you'd be out' how true xD

Apart from the lecture, I've actually met a primary 3 classmate after a good 10 years =D Chin San, whom I've lost contact with her for almost a decade finally appeared in front of me after Jamie, my course mate introduced her to us. The instant that her side faced me, I recognised her, as pretty as always, she kinda forgotten who am I, but after some prompt, she did remembered..haha...so indeed, the world is so small and it came as a blessing I guess =D

Alright, that's all for now people, off to more reading and TV =P

No comments: