Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Nervous...and then disappointed

Hey all !! This is Mariah. Nah... u wouldn't fall for that. 1st of all, as all of you had already know, this month's theme is all about Mariah and Choon Hui did a great job introducing her to us. I'm not a crazy Mariah fan or honeybee but he is, hahha so he'll do all the posting about Mariah and I will go on as usual with my post. 1st post from me in the month of May, no more once in a blue moon post, even if I was not posting, Uncle Choon Hui will force me to, so not to worry.

Okay, so yesterday students who are eagerly waiting for form6 list to come can finally, yes FINALLY check if they are in the list of the school they wanted to study in.Checked mine and I'm in the list.No need for celebration or whatever coz it's not a big deal. The shocking news was starting school in the 12 which is next week !! It's so sudden and honestly, after a long long holiday, who wouldn't be shocked if school is starting next week without prior notice. All they said was " REGISTER " and I presumed it wasn't the 1st day of school. My instinct told me it wouldn't just be a REGISTER day coz stated on the online offer letter was to wear school uniform. And I'm always right.

After months of waiting, I ponder upon my decision whether going to form6 is a right choice after knowing tat form6 is starting soon. Mentally and physically not prepared... I woke up from my dream of vacation in my home everyday and shifted to school mode.After all, I wouldn't want to look like a complete idiotic bafoon  not knowing anything in class after months of holiday. Brain is getting so so rusty that it could break anytime when nodding ur head.lol. School U that was tucked in the wardrobe and untouched for few months, I wonder if it still fits me. And everything is still not prepared and class is starting next week ! That feeling, that weird feeling in your heart every time you start the 1st day of school is taking control of me. So, that's the NERVOUS part of the story.

Now come the DISAPPOINTING part, Thiam Sang and I went to school today to take the offer letter from school, which could be print online but..because I heard many students went to school to take the letter, so I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. My instinct told me the letter would be the same as the online letter, and guess what, I am always right. Just that additional signature from the person in charge on the letter, wasted our money ,energy and time to go to school and take the letter which can be print online!! but on the bright side, we took that opportunity to ask about the details of form6 on changing from Science to Arts stream.

Before that, we went to photocopy the offer letter so we can keep the original and the photocopied letter could be certified. And some other documents to be certified as well. Since we are at school, might as well get it done but we didn't bring along the originals, so everything cannot be certified.=(  Back to the matter of changing to Art stream, that was really a shock. A shock bigger than the earthquake, well not that big but you'll get what I mean. The teacher in charge told us that in order to get into that specified Art class which only has accounts, we need to get at least 8As in SPM. I wanted to do accounting and that hope was as if a feather hanging on the edge of the cliff now. I only got 6As and I'm really angry , no thanks to the principal who set this " rule " of 8As which I never heard of in my 5 years of studying in that school.

Why this rule ? Coz the principal wants all the best student in that Art class. It was rather funny when you think about it. You see, I was accepted to the Science class, but with that 8A rule, changing to Arts is difficult. Isn't SCIENCE studies more difficult than ARTS ?? yet now my chances to change to Art class is slimmer. And I scored A in accounts, so I hope they'll let me change based on that.So that means  I am going to stuck in Science *touchwood* if my appeal to change to Arts is unsuccessful *touchwood*. But my instinct told me I am going to make it into Arts class ! yeah ! * fingers crossed *

If you have set this 8As rule, at least inform us so that those who wanted to go for Art class in form6 could have easily went to college and not to wait until now. Okay, it gets kinda frustrating when I think about it now. So, just let it be and I'll see what happens next week. The aftermath of that shock made us forget to return the visitor pass back to the guard, well actually Thiam Sang was the one who actually forgotten about it until I reminded him. He shouldn't be worrying at all coz he got 10As.

Such an unlucky day eh ? It could be worst. I guess I should start preparing now for form 6. Thanks for reading and have a good day ! Take Care !! =D

No comments: