Sunday, November 15, 2009

Memoirs of An Imperfect Angel

Hey there! I've been so lazy to blog recently...the post-exam mood is alive and kicking! haha Though it didn't went well, (unfortunately =( ... ) But life goes on and all I could hope for is to get at least a Distinction and a Pass for Management...enough said...I do not want this post to sound depressed...we've much to be depressed about, don't we?

Anyways, holiday before working in MCKL has been not too bad so far, I wouldn't say awesome, but it is reasonably okay. Been to Malacca last 2 days and I've finally bought my copy of Mariah Carey's 'Memoirs of An Imperfect Angel' =) catchy huh? Till today, this is actually my favorite album of all after 'The Emancipation of MIMI' and 'Butterfly'. What drawn me to my attention the most is the fact that she took the risk and made this whole album as a 'novel', a memoir, to be precise. Despite the fact that the Billboard and charts are towards fancying singles and individual hits, Carey had indeed taken a big leap in the industry by giving her fans something out of the ordinary and if I'm not mistaken, this is the first album that actually has a flow between all the songs in the particular arrangement and tells a different story of her live. 'Betch gon' know' is first on her album and it opened with:

'Welcome to a day of my life, the Memoirs of an imperfect angel...'
And what's more, the so-called 'sound-the-same' music had appealed to me through and through. Yes, all of it might sound the same, but the elements are actually combination of music styles of past albums. There are pop-chart friendly songs, RnB, soul, ballads and who can forget her 'oh-so-high' vocal acrobatics - the whistle register =D

So far, there are some songs that had really touched my heart, there are songs that had made my friends teary-eyed, and there are songs that had made my friend became more appreciative of her music =D For more information on Carey's album, do visit the blog of another hardcore fan of MC, my friend, Kelvin =)
www.kelvinkuankahmun.blogspot.com/search/label/MARIAH

Without much talking, I just wanna introduce you guys to some of favorite numbers in this album. First up, it'll be Languishing(the interlude) and I want to know what love is. I've put up before, but here is the official music video that captured the simplicity of 'love' =) not her best, but it's worth watching. I'd suggest if you'd listen to Languishing first as these two songs are in a way connected, not just musically but emotionally. Only then you'd be able to get the flow and appreciate the last tune more =)





Angel's cry. No too much of everything =)one of the songs with the best lyrics ever!



H.A.T.U.




'We are all humans, we are all imperfect' ~ Mariah Carey
Welcome to day of Choon Hui's imperfect journey, a memoir to be shared =D

No comments: