Friday, April 24, 2009

Is there another time?

Yet again, uncertainty hit me... not quite the unexpected but it was still a hard blow. There goes all my hard earned grains, all being washed down the stream. How can I trust what I am doing again? Confidence? Bull shit.

Sometimes, it really seemed to be such a long, long road.


(It seemed such a long road)

It seemed such a long road…
Not a place to set my feet,
not a place to halt.
Could it be an ending?
An ending to these long runs,
but pain in return…
wounded by rocks and stones
I felt the stinging cut, deep in set…
I swallowed hard,
hoping time will carry it away
it never did…
Then,
Deepened by the storms and turmoil
that came my way.
I’m running out of breath…
Run!
Run,
Run…
I saw an ending near afar,
But I never would reach
the light that awaits me
till the last breath of mine.
That moment,
it seemed such a long road…

2 comments:

wengChung said...

Whoa...strangely that's how I felt right now. Each and every word crafted in ur poem spells painful truth.

This life...such a long road. One thing I agree the most the the never reachable light at the end of the road. And many a times, you think you have reach the ending but was painfully reminded that it wasn't even halfway down the road.

Life is a journey and not a destination. There will nvr be an ending.

ChoonHui said...

That's what I called, the reality of life. No matter how much effort you put in, somehow, there will be some things that does not meet the eyes. And that is the very source of distraught. With the very hope that perhaps, for once, you can reach that light after so many instances that dragged you down to the pitch-dark infinity, how could it not be felt like a long road? Those moments seemed forever.