Tuesday, September 7, 2010

When the waves came crashing down

Hey folks. Another 'cheerful' entry I supposed. For the first time in my entire uni life, I failed one assignment. And of all the others, I failed the MINOR ESSAY for Media, Culture, Power. God knows what would happen to my major essays and finals.

It's not a big deal to some, I know. But it's a fail. And all I need now is a little support and thanks to my parents, I'm getting non. You can't always expect your child to get HD's or D's all the way.

I guess this serves as a slap that I gotta work waaaaaaaaaaaaay harder than most of them. It's kinda depressing to know how unfair the world is. If fairness even existed. I seriously wonder how the rest could be scoring A's and HD's all along the course without worrying much and here I am, working my ass off like a slave, only to know that I failed. Fair enough I did it rather late but I did so much readings. And why is it that I was told it was OK to refer to materials outside the reader and must we always follow what our lecturers want and etc...? Shouldn't arts be something a little more out of the box and not something that focused so much on rigidity? I followed the context, I followed the structure, and look what I've got? FAIL.

I guess this is how life works.

Ok peeps, sorry for being a little whiny but I'm still digging a hole to hide. I'm done.

On a lighter note, I got to rewrite the essay and the most I could get according to him is only a Pass. Brilliant.

No comments: